- 1/2 (15-oz.) package frozen piecrusts
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced (about 3/4 lb.)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large field tomatoe, sliced (you can also use plum or heirloom tomatoes, but will need to use more if the tomatoes are small)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 oz.) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1. Prick bottom and sides of piecrust using a fork.
- 2. Bake piecrust at 450° for 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool.
- 3. Sauté zucchini in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes or until tender. Arrange zucchini in bottom of prepared piecrust. Arrange tomatoes on top of zucchini.
- 4. Stir together basil, cheese, and mayonnaise. Drop by teaspoonfuls evenly on top of tomatoes, and spread gently. Sprinkle with pepper.
- 5. Bake at 425° for 10 to 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese mixture is slightly melted.