Highline Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 lb Highline Whole mushrooms
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 6 oz hot Italian sausage, casing removed
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- ½ tsp dried Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- Garnish with parsley or thyme (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Wipe mushrooms to remove any particles. Remove and chop stems (reserve for filling).
- Place mushrooms gill-side-down on lightly oiled baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes to allow liquid to release. Remove from oven.
- In meantime, add oil to skillet over medium heat and brown sausage (approx. 7-8 min). Place in medium mixing bowl. Add bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Melt butter in skillet. Add onions, mushroom stems, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook until tender (approx. 4-5 min).
- Add to stuffing mixture and blend well. Once mushrooms are cool enough to handle, fill with stuffing. Top with cheese and garnish.
- Return to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.