Fresh Corn Relish
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes or just until onion begins to turn golden. Stir in corn and next 4 ingredients; sauté 1 to 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat, and stir in cilantro.
Prep: 15 min., Cook: 5 min.
Yield: Makes about 2 1/2 cups