- 375 mL (1 1/2 cups) all purpose flour
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) baking powder
- 2 mL (1/2 teaspoon) salt
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) sugar
- 1 egg
- 450 mL (1 3/4 cups) milk
- 25 mL (2 tablespoons) melted shortening or vegetable oil
- 200 mL (3/4 cup) Fresh Ontario Highbush Blueberries
- Sift together first four ingredients.
- Beat together next three ingredients.
- Stir into dry ingredients until almost smooth.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter in preheated griddle or frying pan – use about 50 mL (1/4 cup) batter for each pancake. Turn when bubbles break on surface.
- Serve hot with butter and Maple Syrup.
Makes 12-14 pancakes
Recipe courtesy of Klassen Blueberries