- 1 double recipe of pastry (2cups flour + 1 cup Crisco + 4 Tbsp water)
- 8 cups peeled, sliced apples (we prefer Mutsu, Idared, Jonagold or Empire, but if you don’t have these varieties, we usually mix at least 3 varieties of apples)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (for very sweet apples)
- Mix together and pour into 10" pie crust.
- Top with pastry with vents, and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top.
- Bake at 450F for 15 minutes, then turn oven down to 350 F for 35 minutes.
- Cool and serve with ice cream or cheese (Apple pie without cheese is like a kiss without a squeeze!)
Note: This makes a very high pie with a thick filling, and that’s how our family likes it!
Recipe courtesy of the The Fruit Wagon, Doug and Leslie Balsille